Friday 29 July 2011

The Orphans of Sainte Cécile / Les Orphelines de Sainte Cécile

 Do you remember Jasmine, a beautiful but sad looking doll made by Patricia Le Baudrier from Papillon Bleu UK?  Well today I'd like to tell you about Marie who appears in Patricia's first book - The Orphans of Sainte Cécile / Les Orphelines de Saint Cécile.


Written and narrated in French and English (the book comes with a CD audio in both languages), The Orphans of Sainte Cécile / Les Orphelines de Saint Cécile. is the story of seven little orphans during the second World War who will have to move from France to England. Marie is the narrative voice as she is writing in her journal. She also loves to take photos of her friends.




 This charming, original book is entirely illustrated with Patricia's handmade art dolls. It really is delightful and obviously perfect for Savannah who is bilingual and turns nine in November (if I can wait that long!). You can buy a signed copy of Patricia's very popular book from her website (pre-order, available on 15th of August), and perhaps make a note of her etsy shop for future purchases.

Special finds like this are the reason why I love blogging so much
I hope you like it too!


A bientôt mes amis !

4 comments:

  1. Extraordinaire!Je vais faire un tour sur ce blog pour voir ce livre de plus près!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful ... I just ordered myself a copy, so special !!!
    Have fun in the Alps XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci pour la reco, il me tarde que les filles recoivent le livre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contente que ça vous plaise - bonne lecture!
    Hope you enjoy the book Mandy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!