Tuesday 27 July 2010

Wheel'em in!




Inspired by vintage toys and memories of treasured teddies, Sarah makes beautiful bags, animals and dolls using an old 1920's Singer treadle sewing machine.
Her gorgeous antique looking bear, elephant and fox terrier were stitched, stuffed and hand dyed before being gently baked in the oven! Sarah sands her "dolls" to create a careworn look and hand finishes each unique toy using antique boot button eyes, vintage mother of pearl buttons and often a rusty bell.
Check out her Folksy shop Northfield Primitives for more examples of her past and present work.

16 comments:

  1. ce côté passé, vieilli me plaît beaucoup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I always love anything with wheels! Especially animals with wheels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, come on to The Vintage Fairy Tales!
    Love them!
    XX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love them! They are just adorable!
    We used to have a Fox Terrier but she died. My daughter loves them to bits so I think you have just given me an idea for a birthday present.
    Thank you for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful! Maybe i'm a little bit to old ;), but i would love to have one of these, or all off them, if i'm really honest :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Darja, you're never too old for beautiful work like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deborah, thank-you very much for featuring some of my creations on your blog. It has just led to my first International sale. One of my little wheeled Fox Terriers is on his way to a happy life in Paris! Thank-you,
    best wishes (from a rather damp) West Yorkshire, UK
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news Sarah. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merci Deborah, grâce à toi ce magnifique Fox Terrier rejoindra bientôt notre maison :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Virginie, ces créations sont magnifiques!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have one of each please, timeless & delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!