Saturday 3 July 2010

Allistair Burt


In keeping with the nautical theme in my previous post, I'd like to introduce you to Glasgow-based Allistair Burt's wooden Ship's Crew. Handpainted in acrylic, this Captain, First Mate, Mechanic, Cook, Cabin Boy, Ship's Dog and Sea Gull would look lovely on display in a boy's room, and would make a very special gift.
Allistair has both an etsy and a folksy shop, selling some original Scottish brand prints, books and other wooden dolls (you might like George and the Dragons too).

10 comments:

  1. these are so gorgoeus in their delicate line work, and colour - love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like allistair's cute polkadot hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I love, love these. I'm off to check out the other stuff.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to collect nesting dolls and these are to die for! I love them - so cute!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are just gorgeous. Love the wee little seagull. oh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the boys room - I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the muted colours of theses guys stood altogether, lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are indeed gorgeous and I like the dolls on your sidebar too

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are so cute! thanks for sharing, love their simple lines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thanks for all the great comments about my Ship's Crew. It was a lot of fun coming up with the little characters and I'm really glad you all like them.

    These wee guys are a lot friendlier than the pirates set I previously made and I think probably more friendly than the new sets I'm currently working on.

    Loads of great things on this site too - I'm away to have a good look and probably end up spending lots of pennies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!