Wednesday 8 July 2009

Etsy find


I love books, especially vintage ones. I've been really drawn to the simple, bold graphics of the 60s of late, buying puzzles by Galt and games by Fernand Nathan, for example.

Etsy is treasure trove of vintage ephemera. I came across this Hebrew Alphabet Book by Avi Margalit (1968) in Ricracandbuttons' wonderful store (packed full of vintage books, toys, kitchen and sewing stuff). Margalit's colourful illustrations are just perfect, too beautiful not to share. Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this! What a finder of treasures you are, Deb! Just fabulous - thanks for this. :) Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find! I am a keen collector of all things alphabetical and I love the graphic simplicity of the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Booth, in case you're interested , I saw another lovely Alphabet book on Present and Correct last night,in the new section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouah,

    I am also very fond of them. I saw a Hebrew Alphabet just once while searching for something else... Great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!